The MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare equips Payer, Provider, and Life Sciences organizations with foundational assets to accelerate their digital transformation journey. With our pre-built APIs, connectors, implementation templates, and reference architectures, IT teams can spend more time innovating rather than building from scratch.
Healthcare and Life Sciences Solutions
The Accelerator for Healthcare consists of pre-built APIs, integration templates, and prescriptive architecture to speed up the time to market for digital transformation projects. The following provides a quick reference of the business, integration, and technology solutions that the accelerator supports. The use case section has additional details about each use case:
|Solutions by initiative
|Solutions by integration
|Solutions by technology
For solutions related to life sciences, the Accelerator for Life Sciences helps pharmaceuticals, medical device companies, and contract research organizations (CROs) integrate digital operations and get their products to market faster.
The following describes how to use the MuleSoft Accelerator for Healthcare assets:
- Use case 1: Patient 360 assets — Includes two options (HL7 v2 and FHIR R4) for surfacing patient demographics and clinical data from an EHR into Salesforce Health Cloud. Assets can be used for a variety of use cases and provide customers with a reference implementation to integrate with common EHRs such as Epic and Cerner via API.
- Use case 2: CMS Interoperability assets — Includes assets to accelerate your API development efforts to meet CMS Interoperability and Patient Access final rule.
- Use case 3: Labs integration assets — Includes an asset to accelerate the transmission of laboratory results that identify a notifiable condition to public health agencies (e.g. California Department of Public Health).
- Use case 4: Appointment scheduling — Includes assets to enable scheduling, updating and canceling appointments in EHRs via APIs from patient engagement platforms like Salesforce Health Cloud, mobile apps and patient portals.
- Use case 5: Benefits and eligibility verification — Includes assets to perform real-time benefits and eligibility verification to allow organizations to electronically verify a patient’s insurance coverage for medical treatment directly within Salesforce Health Cloud.
- Use case 6: Prior Authorization — Includes assets to accelerate development of CRD, DTR, and PAS APIs to enable API-based prior authorizations between healthcare providers and payers to reduce administrative burden and drive better patient outcomes.
- Use case 7: Population health management — Includes assets to convert and ingest valuable patient information into platforms like Amazon HealthLake and Salesforce Data Cloud to power population health initiatives.
The following use-case agnostic assets are also available:
- FHIR R4 assets — Start your FHIR journey using this group of pre-built components. Includes links to additional use-case agnostic assets (resources, libraries, and APIs), our FHIR RAML auto-generator which creates RAML specifications programatically as well as an API Policy that you can use to format error messages in an FHIR-compliant format.
- HL7 v2 to FHIR converter — The converter comes with a ready to use template for HL7 v2 to FHIR conversion, which is based on the guidance provided by the HL7 v2 to FHIR Implementation Guide. This template can be extended or modified to meet specific conversion requirements.
- X12 to FHIR converter — The converter comes with a ready to use template for both X12 to FHIR and FHIR to X12 conversion. This template can be extended or modified to meet specific conversion requirements.
- C-CDA to FHIR converter — The converter comes with a ready to use template for CDA to FHIR conversion, which is based on the guidance provided by the HL7 C-CDA Implementation Guide. This template can be extended or modified to meet specific conversion requirements.
Please be sure to visit the Prerequisites documentation prior to attempting to use any of these assets in your own environment.
Visit the Prerequisites page to access the guides available for configuring the various systems and products required to implement the use cases provided by this solution. The individual systems needed, and amount of configuration required, depend on which assets are to be configured and deployed in your target environment(s) - refer to the use case pages for more details.
For the latest updates to this accelerator, view the release notes here.
What is a MuleSoft Accelerator?
Accelerators are a collection of technical assets (predominantly API specifications and implementation templates) and documentation to accelerate the implementation of multiple use cases supporting a larger business or industry problem.
Accelerators are designed as modular building blocks. Customers can change the patterns, mappings, and endpoints to suit their needs. They represent best practices we recommend to customers in accomplishing these use cases. Customers will save hours of discovery, design, development and testing each time they use an accelerator asset.
To access any of the links described in this Accelerator, you must log into Anypoint Platform.
Give the assets a try and if you have any questions or feedback, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also engage with other users on the MuleSoft Forum, and submit ideas in the Ideas Portal. We look forward to hearing from you!